“And so it is that thy Sustainer would never destroy a community for its wrongdoing so long as its people are still unaware [of the meaning of right and wrong]:” (The Quran, 6:131)
Points of Reflection
1. God will not punish a community or person for not living in accordance to His religion until His true message reached them with clarity
2. Don’t be quick to negatively judge or condemn those who are not living in accordance to Islam because they may not have received God’s true message and right dakwah may not have reached them.
3. Don’t be quick to negatively judge people for what they do not know (ignorance of Islam) because the real problem may lie on those who failed to share God’s true message.
4. Ignorance does not necessarily lead to condemnation, but also a reason for forgiveness.
5. The Quran applies different standard of salvation on those who have and have not received the true message. Thus, using one standard for all is unjust.
6. Salvation for non-believers who did not receive the true message is not impossible. See Al-Ghazali’s Faysal Al-Tafriqah.